Applications are now open for the Supporting Partners- Innovation Grants programme.
The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust (the Trust) is working with the MOD to deliver funding to high quality projects that will have significant impacts for Armed Forces families through the Armed Forces Families Fund.
Funding to support Service families
Under this programme the Trust will award grants of between £20,000 and £50,000 on behalf of the MOD’s Armed Forces Families Fund, towards projects which will pilot practical new solutions to support partners of serving personnel, including Reservists, to reduce the challenges of Service life.
Anna Wright, Chief Executive of the Trust, said:
“We are delighted to announce the launch of this programme. Life can be challenging for the partners of serving personnel. This programme focuses on their needs and will fund new ways of offering support. If you are thinking of applying, do read our programme guidance carefully. We look forward to supporting some excellent projects that can make a real difference to the lives of partners of those who are serving – both now and in the future.”
Projects must show that they will meet one of the following aims.
- Encourage new ways of enabling peer to peer support.
- Enable better access to employment, education & training, or wider support.
- Reduce duplication and make it easier for partners to access knowledge and information that’s relevant to their lives.
Project ideas can build on existing work that an organisation has previously done, but it must be innovative in nature and offer new, inclusive and distinctive approaches.
Funding could be used to support projects that:
- find solutions for partners facing challenging situations with overseas postings (whether going overseas or returning from overseas)
- pilot specific new types of practical support for partners who may have different challenges to spouses
- explore solutions to challenges arising to family life from newer forms of hybrid working and deployments.
There are more examples of the types of projects that could be funded in the programme guidance document.
Applications must be submitted to the Trust by 12 December 2022.
Find out more
Full details of the Supporting Partners – Innovation Grants programme can be found on the Trust’s website below.
Further programmes to support Armed Forces families will open in 2023. If you’d like to know more, please register for updates at www.covenantfund.org.uk