The advice and information provided by the bureau is highly regarded with decades of experience in delivering a free, independent, confidential and impartial advice and information services to the general public. They provide advice through face-to-face, telephone and email services, and online via our self- help advice on www.citizensadvice.org.uk .
The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) provides dedicated information, advice and support to members of the Armed Forces Community in Scotland.
The service is provided by the Scottish Citizens Advice Bureau Service, and the funding group is led by Poppyscotland. We work closely with many organisations, both Service related and others, to provide support to the people who contact us.
We provide free, confidential, impartial information, advice and support to people who:
- are currently serving in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who is
- have served in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who has
- are members of the Merchant Navy who served in a commercial vessel in support of legally defined UK military operations, or a dependant.
Our advice covers a range of areas, including benefits, debt, employment, relationships and housing.
Get in touch
- Call the helpline on 0808 800 1007
- Visit www.asapadvice.org.uk or www.cas.org.uk for more information about the service
- Ask us to call you. You can use the Get Advice from ASAP form on either of the above websites to send us your contact details, and an adviser will give you a ring back between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Visit your local bureau.